Monday, May 30, 2011

so, I sewed...dyi custom camera bag/purse !!

I have always drooled over Kelly Moore's designer camera purse bags, but have not exactly had $250 laying around to buy one. So, when I came across a post from the blog, "Vanilla & Lace," about a DYI camera purse/bag that resembled the designer ones, I was ecstatic! :) I went to Target and bought a purse I liked (I wanted one specifically this color), that would be large enough and sturdy enough to carry my camera, as well as some additional lenses and accessories. I then went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought some fabric that I thought would complement the bag. I won't go into a ton of details because Abi does a much better job explaining the how-to than I could :) But trust me, if I can do this, anyone can do this!! While I would like to think I'm crafty, I am really not, and pretty much have about no sewing experience, other than making pillows a couple times, haha :) So check out the Vanilla & Lace DYI blogpost and make one for yourself (I believe in you!)

Here's a picture of my bag:
(my measurements would be a little more exact if I were to do this again - like I said, my sewing experience is pretty limited, haha).
Inside view:
[Holds 1 DSLR with lens, up to 3 additional lenses (there are little compartments for each that are detacheable by velcro, I only have 1 additional lens), 3 zipper pockets (holding my memory cards, chapstick, keys, phone), 2 open pockets (holding my camera's remote control, battery charger, and USB cord), and there is room on the side to carry a wallet, notebook, etc. If I would have been a little more precise on my measurements for the padding, I probably would have been able to also store my laptop inside as well].


Thank you, Abi from Vanilla & Lace for sharing this great idea with us, cyberspace friends!
We thank you!! :)

hope your day is beautiful,
claire.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Claire. I'm impressed! Great craftsmanship )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Claire!!!! Maybe you could market them and make some extra cash!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog!!

Photobucket my name is claire noel and i am a lifestyle photographer based in kansas city, missouri. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Put your feet up and stay a while :)

Followers